Friday, May 29, 2009

Mom's Birthday Card


The card above is from page 98 in the Stampin' Up! 2009-2010 Spring Summer Idea Book and Catalog. I wanted to make a spring card for my Mom's birthday, however, I wanted to use the butterfly die for the Big Shot instead of cutting butterflies out by hand. I don't know about all of you, but I can't seem to make good cuts and they always look sooooo bad.

The card below shows my version using different stamps and Sizzix butterfly die.

I used Almost Amethyst for the cardbase and then punched out flowers in Almost Amethyst with the Trio Flower punch. The next thing that I did before I adhered the flowers was stamp Happy Birthday from Stem Sayings in Versamark and embossed with Stampin' Up's! white embossing powder. I punched a scallop circle with the Tea Party Designer Series Paper and ran two pieces of Tea Party Designer Series Paper on the Butterfly die through the Big Shot. I used the two way glue to adhere some Dazzling Diamonds down each butterfly and adhered them with dimensionals.

Gotta love Sizzix Big Shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment