Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Where Do You Find Your Inspiration?

That is a question always on my mind. Sometimes it would be the colors in a new store catalog, or how about a card or craft magazine. When I look through card magazines, I am always on the lookout on how I can adapt cards and projects to fit with Stampin' Up! products. I happen to think that Stampin' Up! has a superior product and thus can find ways to use it and make it my own.
Last year, while browsing through Card Creations, I came across this card and said, "I can do that with Stampin' Up! products?" and I set out to make a card. Here is the card from the magazine. I believe the card's designer in the photo is Wendy Johnson, so I much give credit to her project.


So, after looking through my supplies, I knew it could be done. I used Stampin' Up's! Birds and Blooms Sizzlet 4-pack, 1 3/8"circle punch, Heart to Heart Punch. (Deal Of The Week) and little free hand cutting with my scissors. And Voila!

I sponged the edges of the elements to give definition and then I stamped hugs and wishes from All Holidays on page 43 ( 114916).

No comments:

Post a Comment