Thursday, July 2, 2009

Oh To Be A Cat.....

I just had to snap this picture! It reminds me of just how summer should be, relaxing and lazy. While I was outside on our patio, I couldn't resist.

Twinkie came to us as a neighborhood stray. He just showed up one day and the neighbors started to take care of him when he showed no signs of leaving. When our son fed him and watered him during the neighbors vacation back in 2000, Twinkie would come to our house and would wait for Michael on the back porch. Long story short, we asked to adopt him and he has never looked back. He is a very large tomcat weighing in at approximately 17 lbs and is about 15-16 years old. We think he is part Maine Coon.

Our family is thankful that he is still alive today. Last year, while I was away at Convention, he was attacked by a couple of coyote that happened to wander in the neighborhood. My husband and son brought him to the animal hospital and had him shaved, stitched up, and filled with antibiotics. He has made a terrific recovery.

So, today I post this as a reminder about the little (well, not so little) things in life that are precious

No comments:

Post a Comment