Friday, December 4, 2009

Sad News





I wanted to share some sad news that our much loved Twinkie died Wednesday night quite suddenly and unexpectedly. He did not suffer in any way at all. I was stamping some projects in my studio that night and heard a noise behind me. When I turned around, he had fallen over and tried to get up. I rushed over and he fell again. I put him in my arms and called for the other family members to come because something was happening to him. Within 30 seconds, he took two (what sounded) like coughing breathes, and went limp. We jumped into the car and brought him to our local emergency animal hospital. He did not make it.

For those stampers who would come over for classes, he was a fixture in my stamp studio, occasionally taking up a seat while the ladies stamped.

This is particularly devastating to us as we have never experienced a loss of a family pet before. Sometimes animals show up in our lives and give us love in ways that are quite unique from anything else ever experienced. We are thankful for the 10 years that we had with him and hope that he was as happy with us as we were with him. Rest in peace, Twinkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment