Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Autumn Days

When I was given the option of ordering this set at an extra 20% off because of Stampin' Up's! generous pre order period, I thought to myself, Thanksgiving will be here before you know it. Since it is my year to have Thanksgiving, using this set should be easy. However, I started to make some cards and this set lends itself to many possible card giving events, sympathy, get well, thinking of you...

I used the new In Colors of Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry and Soft Suede.

The wheat image was done in Creamy Caramel and Chocolate Chip and I used my markers to ink the pheasant image. One thing that I did so that the pheasant isn't walking in air is to ground the image with an oval. I punched out one of the ovals and sponged in the middle of it. Almost like a mask.

Another Stampin' Up! tool that I rarely use and will be playing with again is the Color Spritzer. I found that it is sooooo easy to use and creates a color texture to the paper that is irresistable. I also sponged along side the Top Note and added a Dusty Durango polka dot grosgrain ribbon.

These new In Colors go so well together. All supplies are Stampin' Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment